Friday, September 13, 2013

Today, I Am Not Writing A Blog

Act #256:  Accept your limitations.

This morning I woke up, drove half way to work and stopped for coffee.....and then drove back home.  I had every intention of going to work, but my mind was bogged down with so much, I apparently went into auto-pilot mode and just started to drive.  I'm not complaining, because I know that each and everyone of us is juggling 8 million balls simultaneously, and trust me, I am grateful for the support that I do have in my life.  I just need to use this space to give myself permission to fail today.  Today, I will probably not write a substantive blog.  I will not be able to care for my disabled dad while my mom has to take their sick cat to the vet. I will not be able to get rid of the mold problem in my building.  I will not get through all the e-mails that have been piling up this week.  I will not finish our new fiscal year budget....or revising that job description....or that class curriculum.   I will probably not be able to provide a home-cooked meal for my family when I get home.  I will not be able to please everyone.  I will not eradicate sexual violence today.  But I will be able to accept the fact that I can't do it  all.  And I will do the best that I can.  And a bit later, I will step outside and breathe in the first cool breeze of fall, that will remind me that to everything there is a season. 

And I will be just fine. 

And so will you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment